I finally realized what all the fuss was about over ORB spray paint (oil rubbed bronze). The stuff is amazing! The color and sparkle are difficult to show in photographs, but so pretty in person. The Rustoleum kind that I got had the best spray nozzle I’d ever used on spray paint too. I’m wondering what I could spray with it next.
My dad helped me with the wiring. It was fabulous that he showed up just before I began this project, because my plan had been to tape paper over the house and spray paint the base right up on the wall. Not that my plan was a good one, but I was afraid to undo any wiring myself. Now that he’s shown me, it’s not so scary.
With the lamps off the wall, I was able to easily spray paint them in the yard. I started with a coat of primer. Then I gave them two coats of ORB.
While I was at it, I unscrewed the house numbers off the side of the garage and sprayed them too. They were rusty and not looking too good, but now they look brand new again. I won’t show them here for paranoid, not-sharing-my-address reasons. But trust me, it was an improvement.
I also put a real, non-Photoshopped coat of red paint on the front door. It actually needs one more coat before I go to bed tonight and reattach my shiny fixed up knobs and locks. It looks very close to my Photoshop mock-up from yesterday. I love it!
And here’s the one I did digitally yesterday, along with the “before” for comparison:
That is probably the end of my outdoor improvement projects for this long weekend. The inside of this house is trashed. While I won’t be blogging before and after photos of my very messy kitchen, that is my next project.