The use of large wooden beads has become a popular trend in home decorating these days. The beads from wooden sources are crafted into different shapes and sizes that are pleasing to the eye and beautiful to look at. But if you are not careful in selecting the beads for your home decors, then you might end up buying inferior quality beads that would simply fall apart after some time. In order to ensure that you get the best quality of wooden beads in your chosen design, it is important that you follow these simple guidelines. You will also get some tips on how to protect your beads and maintain them over a period of time.
- Select large beads that are made of solid wood. If possible, you should opt for beads that are made of genuine wood, such as teak. You must make sure that the wood used is not treated with chemicals that can cause damage to your wood. Although there are some beads that are synthetic-made, you should make sure that they are properly treated to ensure their durability.
- It is highly recommended that you purchase beads made of coral hardwood. Coralwood beads are available in different colors and sizes and are very durable. These types of large wooden beads are also hypoallergenic, so you can use them in any room of your home without worryying about the reaction of other people. However, they are more expensive than other types of beads.
- Choose larger size beads for your design. The smaller ones do not offer much variety in terms of style and design when compared to the large beads. You can purchase many small beads and combine them together to make a unique design for your home accents. You can also add other materials such as raffia or sequins to enhance the look of your accents. For example, you can purchase beads and then tie them together with raffia and floral patterns to form a lovely centerpiece on your table.
- If you do not want to purchase beads, you can use wood as a craft material. Create large wooden beads by using hollowed-out logs and turning them into beautiful beads. Once you get them started, it will be very easy to finish them off. The process is similar to making ceramic rods. Once you have hollowed out the logs enough, you can start shaping them into a bowl shape and apply paint to them, which is a great idea if you are looking for a project that you can do from the comfort of your own home.
- You may also find lots of wooden beads online. These days, there are lots of websites that cater to wooden home accents. Browse around and search for sites that offer beads at discounted prices. Look for free shipping as well. You will definitely find a lot of beads online that are perfect for your home accents. Take your time to choose and decide which beads you want to buy for your project.
- Another option is to look for beads at craft fairs. Here, you will be able to get ideas on how to make projects and which beads are the perfect ones for your project. You will also meet other crafters who will be happy to share their experiences with you. This is a good way to get new ideas and tips for your craft projects.
Creating home accents with wooden beads is fun. It will also give you the opportunity to make a lot of different projects. In fact, you may even get addicted to this hobby. Once you have finished making your first set of beads, you will find that it is so easy to make them. Wooden beads will always come in handy when you want to create beautiful home decors and decorative pieces for your home.