Buyers Guide: Contact Paper for Bathroom
Contact Paper has been used in many homes, large and small, for several years. So is wallpapering your bathroom a good idea? Bathroom contact paper can be elegant and stunning in its own way. However, there are some things you should consider before you leap into this new world.
What contact paper is best for a bathroom?
Waterproof contact paper can be placed anywhere in the bathroom. It can even be used in the steam room or the bath. These are made with modern adhesive compounds that create a waterproof membrane that protects the wallpaper from direct water contact.
To deflect moisture, some waterproof wallpapers have a thick vinyl coating. You can be sure that your wall covering will withstand the daily abuses of the bathroom, regardless of what type of waterproof contact paper it is.
Bathroom Contact Paper Advantages:
Contact Paper in the bathroom has many benefits. Here are the benefits of bathroom contact paper:
- Versatile: Contact paper can be used with any type of home decor and are easy to mix with other finishes. They can be decorated and painted in any color and are compatible with plastic panels and ceramic tiles.
- Visually appealing: Contact papers come in many textures, colors, and designs. You can easily choose the one that best suits your needs. These beautiful designs will enhance the beauty of your bathroom, making it look even more attractive.
- It's easy to install: You don't need any special preparation or expertise in hanging contact paper. You can do it yourself and take very little time.
- Simple maintenance: Mending and cleaning contact paper is easy and requires little effort. It can be easily cleaned with a sponge or vacuum.
- Covers up flaws: A thick contact paper can conceal many imperfections. You can use it to cover cracks and chips on your walls.
Bathroom Wallpaper: Creative Uses
- Categorization: If you have separate stall areas from the shower, you may use contact paper to cover the toilet or stall. This will protect the contact paper from moisture and allow you to separate the two areas.
- Go for the unusual: Be bold and creative in your wallpaper designs.
- Make an accent wall: You can apply contact paper on one wall of your bathroom to make it stand out.
- Stripes: To make your bathroom contact paper stand out, you can add interesting lines to it.
- Wallpaper ceilings: Ceilings can often be the most overlooked aspect of any space. You can add wallpaper to your ceiling to make your bathroom look bigger. It's also great for looking at while you take a bath. Ceilings covered in contact paper can make them appear higher than they actually are.
Steps To Wallpaper Your Bathroom
- Measurements - first is to measure your walls and determine the amount of wallpaper you will need. Avoid the wall behind your shower, as water splashing could cause damage.
- Prep work - Before you start contact paper placement, make sure to dry the walls.
- Smooth layer - When placing contact paper on the wall, try to keep it as smooth as you can. To prevent the contact paper from peeling, press down on any air bubbles.